Sunday 4 January 2015

Clothing for fell running



Running my first fell race today, I was able to analyse the clothing I wore.


Already having used my innovate trail running trainers much before I knew they would be comfortable.
Ronhill aspiration contour tights, were successful with temperature regulation and good support. 
Lightweight Rab waterproof jacket, fitted well and kept the wind out with out sweating to much.





Although the innovate trainers were comfortable, they did not have enough grip to stop me sliding in the more boggy areas. I have ordered a more suited pair for my next race, so we will see how much better they perform..... 

The back zip pock in the leggings proved to be a good place to keep the competitors card in, as it was easily accessible. So this will defiantly be a feature in any future designs and will be own again.

The hood on this jacket is well designed, the draw string around the edge allowed me to pull it tight around my face, on top of the mountains this is important to ensure the wind did not blow my hood off, keeping me warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment