Monday 8 December 2014

Surf kayaking - location photography




This photograph has been the most challenging to compose well, out of all my photo shoots so far.
I had originally wanted to capture Kim actually surfing a wave, but I now realise it is difficult to do so with out being in the sea your self.







I have learned that to be successful in location photography you have to be able to adapt your plans, there is no point in having just one outcome in your head, and not having the ability to see other opportunities out there. 

The composition for this photograph and my other best images were not planned, they actually look better because in a changing you are not able to place the kayak in the exact potion on a rolling wave, you just have to make the most of what you have!  




No comments:

Post a Comment