Tuesday 3 February 2015

Cyanotype images




I found it challenging to get a crisp, strong image Cyanotype printing.

I started painting think layers of the solution on the paper, thinking this would produce a more powerful image but this only gave it a dull yellow tinge.

When I started painting quick, thin layers onto the page, it started to look closer to the outcome I was hoping for. I also found the length of time you transfer the image makes a huge difference the clarity of the image. 123 was the perfect measure.







Choosing the five I was most happy with, I started adding a light blur cotton and free machining on top of the material and into the images. 

This turned out to be a very successful process. Following the lines of buildings in filling in missing area, it really makes the image grab your attention. I will diffidently use this process again. To develop this idea, it would be ace to print more of these small tile images and stitch a number of them together, to make a panel of memories all interlinked together.    





No comments:

Post a Comment