Tuesday 17 February 2015

3D paper experiments


I think all of these experiments are all successful. I have learnt that keeping the shapes and designs simple work most effectively. 



I firstly tried scoring detailed curves and using small shape, but the designs looked to crafty and didn't have the speak professional finish I was looking for.





I really loved these layered designs. I think both the smooth curves and pointe. Triangles have worked well on creating a simple but elegant design.




I tried many designs, using smaller shapes and adding detail but didn't look right. This layered square pattern, is using one repeated shape so really the design still simple but portrays a more complex feel. I think this design in a white  plastic would look better futuristic. 




This design looks great, but was very time consuming. If I desided to use this shape I would be best choosing a material that could be laser cut, as this would make the process more efficient.





The design above is my favourite design. The long curves of each band, create a sporty feel. I could imagine these should designs apart of American football should pad design. Leading into a chest piece, make out of a smooth plastic or metal. 





I love this moulded shape surface. Although I don't think it fits well on the should pad, maybe it would work better in the Chet piece? 





No comments:

Post a Comment