Friday 17 October 2014

Interconnected cells storing memories, lives and moments.



With a great interest in finding new material, I am constantly exploring new possibilities.
Transferring images and words on to latex has been one of the most exciting discoveries of the year so fare :)

I am really happy how well this project turned out, although with more time there is still much more that I could have done. 





As these cells were the first and only that I made, I learnt much but I did not have time to change any of these improvements. 

The images that are being transferred onto the material needs to be highly contrasting, to see the image clearly. So black and white lettering seemed to work the best.  

It is important to make the material the right thickness, if it is too thick it starts to look like plastic and too thin it just breaks when putting the panels together.

The ink only transfers form newspaper, I found when trying to transfer my own photographs with ink would simply just not stick to the latex.   
  




These ceramic tiles were very successful, and had many matching tones with the cell structures. Although i didn't make the tiles to go with these images, I found they did.   

If I had known i was going to put my ceramic tiles with my cells for my portfolio. I would have made the markings that I pressed into the clay more relevant to my 'memories' project.  









No comments:

Post a Comment